Sunday, September 23, 2007

Spinning again...

Back in July I signed up for a yarn and fiber swap through Ravelry.com and the fiber that I got from my swap partner has been taunting me ever since. Last week I got the spinning wheel out, dusted it off and fixed the drive band. I have already spun up about half of the new fiber and I love it!

The colors looked really orange and almost grey blue in the top, but colors really mellowed out once I got it spun. I can't wait to see what it looks like after it is plyed!

I also made a hat for the kiddo. He like the one that I made for his grandpa so much that he wanted one too. Of course, his had to be Griffindor colors (or Redskins) so here it is! These are actually pretty fun to make. It is a brioche rib so it is extra cushy!

The package from the swap also included this yarn. I am so not a scarf knitter, but I love the colors and thought a garter stitch scarf would be just the thing to show them off. I can't wait until it is cool enough to wear it!


No comments: