Wednesday, July 18, 2007

An eight on the sleeve, just like Street Sense!

The jockey sweater is progressing. Maybe a couple more days to finish the second sleeve and do the seams. The kiddo really likes the 8 on the sleeve. He tells me that he wanted an eight because that is what Street Sense's rider had in the Kentucky Derby. I can only assume that it is true since I am not willing to go searching for the answer!

It will really look great once the seams are in! I can't wait until this fall so he can actually wear it! Of course, the fact that it was 93 degrees and 85% humidity today makes me wish for fall that much harder...

My Lorna's laces socks are not getting too much work done lately, they are mostly a car project and I have been doing most of the driving the last week or so. Someday soon they will have toes! I like the yarn though... It is a colorway called Pioneer, but I think it looks like peanut butter cups!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sweater and great socks! Where did you get the pattern for the sweater? Or did you design it yourself?

Cyclomama said...

I designed the sweater myself with a bit of help from Ann Budd's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns. The kiddo actually dyed the yarn (with a bit of help) and helped with the design. Of course, I did all the math!